Music. Space. Resonance.Saturday, April 6, 2019 | 8:00 pm (SOLD OUT)
Explore a world of immersive soundscapes and projections featuring resonance and sound-painting that will envelop the audience. The program will make use of the shimmering acoustics of the Dupont Underground with Steve Reich’s Different Trains, a choral and double string quartet arrangement of Samuel Barber’s Adagio for Strings, and a new piece by Artistic Director Scott Tucker specifically composed for the acoustics of the venue. Other works will feature unconventional methods of singing and instrument playing known as extended musical techniques. The Underground is embedded in the heart of the city: easily accessible and representative of the melding of art with everyday life.
Choral Arts Chamber Singers
-Scott Tucker, conductor
Choral Arts Youth Choir
-Brandon Straub, conductor
Jay D. Brock, director
JD Madsen, production designer
New Orchestra of Washington
The Aeolus Quartet
What’s on the program? Click here to download a pdf with all of the details.
What to Expect at Into the Light
- Expect to be inspired by sight and sound.
- Expect to be in an underground streetcar station. Patrons are encouraged to dress casually and comfortably.
- Expect to be very close to other patrons at times.
- Expect the lighting to be low for portions of the performance.
- Expect to be on your feet for the duration of the 90-minute experience. Wear comfortable shoes. There are no elevators, escalators, or wheelchair lifts available and the venue is not accessible. Seating is limited, please save it for those who need to sit.
- Expect to leave the venue to use the restroom. Restrooms are available at the Dupont Circle Hotel. Patrons may reenter with their ticket.
- Expect a full-sensory experience designed to allow a deeper connection to the music.
90 minutes, no intermission
7:15 pm Venue opens for entry and will call, bar opens for service.
8:00 pm Concert begins. Please consume all drinks before the performance begins.
9:30 pm Concert concludes, bar reopens for service.
Save with a Season Ticket Package.
The Choral Arts Society of Washington gratefully acknowledges its 2018-2019 Season Sponsors:
The Choral Arts Society of Washington appreciates the on-going support of: DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities, National Capital Arts and Cultural Affairs Program & the U.S. Commission of Fine Arts National Endowment for the Arts.
The SunTrust Foundation proudly supports the Choral Arts Society of Washington.